- simple past tense and past participle of allude
The definition of alluded means something brought up in conversation in a casual or non-specific manner.
An example of alluded was when you casually mentioned your vacation without giving any details.
- The novelty of the opinion is also alluded to.
- Darkness crossed Damian's features, the same darkness Darian felt go through him as he alluded to the fact he was broken beyond repair.
- That chapter of comparative anatomy (together with other anatomical details, for which see the separate articles) is now dealt with in the article Skull; here only the most avine features are alluded to, and since some of Parker's original illustrations have been retained, the description has been shortened considerably.
- 42, and alluded to by Herodotus i.
- Fluid, the contractions alluded to send PS, Proboscidian sheath.