- the Arabic system of numerals; decimal system of counting
- the act or skill of computing with any kind of numerals
Origin of algorismMiddle English and amp; Old French algorisme ; from Medieval Latin algorismus, after Arabic al-Khw?razm?, literally , person born in Khw?razm (Khiva), mathematician of the 9th circa
- The Arabic system of numeration; the decimal system.
- Computation with Arabic figures.
Origin of algorismMiddle English algorisme, from Old French, from Medieval Latin algorismus, after Muhammad ibn-Musa al-KHWARIZMI.
- Computing in, or using, Arabic numerals.
Middle English algorisme, from Old French algorisme, from Medieval Latin algorismus. See algorithm.