- the period of time during which a program, part of a program, commercial, etc. may be broadcastalso air time
- the time during which a cell phone is being used: a fee is often charged for this
Origin of airtimesee airdate
- a. The time at which a radio or television program is broadcast: The host lost her voice just before airtime.b. Time during a radio or television broadcast: a news program giving more airtime to celebrity gossip.
- The amount of time during which a cell phone is connected to a network.
(countable and uncountable, plural airtimes)
- The duration during which a radio or television program (part of one) is transmitted.
- Can you get me some airtime for my latest single?
- The chargeable use of a mobile phone, either in minutes or in units dependent on the use or traffic.
- The period during which a person riding a rollercoaster or similar ride experiences a feeling of weightlessness.