The definition of agri means field or related to the land.
An example of agri used as a prefix is in the word agricultural which means related to the culture and cultivating of the land.
Variant of agro-
- Denoting agriculture.
- The hyphen is often retained when coining new terms.
- Of recent yearstheir products representing in 1905 a gross total of $14,802,147,087 as compared with $6,309,000,000 for those of farms (according to the U.S. Department of Agri cuiture)agriculture is still the predominant industry of the United States, employing nearly half of the workers, and probably giving subsistence to considerably more than half of the people of the country.
- " Pectuscum :" Pectuscum Palati dicta est ea regio urbis, quam Romulus obversam posuit, ea parte, in qua plurimum erat agri Romani ad mare versus et qua mollissime adibatur Urbo, cum Etruscorum agrum a Romano Tiberis discluderet, ceterae vicinae civitates colles aliquos haberent oppositos.
- The university comprises twentysix independent schools, but the courses of instruction given in these are so co-ordinated as to form six departments: two academic - the college and the department of graduate studies; and four professional - law, medicine, engineering and agri- :,ulture.
- It is traversed by five rivers, the Bradano, Basento, Cavone or Salandrella, Agri and Sinni.
- There is a garden round the Phayre Museum, managed by the Agri-Horticultural Society, and an extremely pretty and wellkept garden in the cantonments under the pagoda.