- to staff with native black Africans: to Africanize the Nigerian civil service
- to give an African outlook, character, etc. to
verbAf·ri·can·ized, Af·ri·can·iz·ing, Af·ri·can·iz·es
- To make African or cause to have African characteristics, as in culture.
- To transfer to African control: “the Government's plan to Africanize the service” (BBC Summary of World Broadcasts).
To become African.
(third-person singular simple present Africanizes, present participle Africanizing, simple past and past participle Africanized)
- (American) To make African.
From African + -ize