Humans, dogs and elephants are each an example of an aerobic organism.
- able to live, grow, or take place only where free oxygen is present
- of or produced by aerobes
- designating or involving exercise, such as running or swimming, that conditions the heart and lungs by increasing the efficiency of oxygen intake by the body
- Biology a. Living or occurring only in the presence of free oxygen: aerobic bacteria.b. Of or relating to aerobes.
- Involving or improving oxygen consumption by the body: aerobic exercise.
- Relating to or used in aerobics: aerobic shoes.