- in or of the Aegean Sea
- designating or of the culture of the Bronze Age people who lived in the Aegean Islands and nearby regions
- Of or relating to the Aegean Sea.
- Of or relating to the Bronze Age civilization that flourished in the area of the Aegean Sea, as at Crete.
- Of, or relating to the Aegean Sea or the regions bordering it.
- Of, or relating to the Bronze Age civilization in that region.
- The Aegean Sea.
- Evnitzki states that the saltest water of the whole basin occurs in the Aegean Sea.
- ASTROPALIA (classical Astypalaea), an island, with good harbours, in the south part of the Aegean, situated in 36.5° N.
- Zea or Tzia), an island in the Aegean Sea, belonging to the group of the Cyclades and the eparchy of Syra, 14 m.
- ARCHIPELAGO, a name now applied to any island-studded sea, but originally the distinctive designation of what is now generally known as the Aegean Sea (Aiyaiov 7rEXayos), its ancient name having been revived.
- This town, which was laid out on an exceptionally fine site according to a scientific plan by the architect Hippodamus of Miletus, soon rose to considerable importance, and attracted much of the Aegean and Levantine commerce which had hitherto been in Athenian hands.