The definition of uncharted is unknown or not recorded on a map.
An example of something uncharted is a part of the ocean into which no one has ever successfully ventured.
- Not charted or recorded on a map or plan: uncharted waterways; the uncharted desert.
- Unknown: The nation's geopolitical strategy is yet uncharted.
- For many seniors, sites such as Senior Friend Finder are like what the American West was to early explorers: vast, uncharted, filled with opportunity and, potentially, dangerous.
- Psychologically speaking, for men this is about exploring new and uncharted territories, it's a way to indulge the wandering eye without actually wandering.
- Other shore excursions may include kayaking to an isolated region, Zodiac tours of relatively uncharted coastlines, snorkeling and diving expeditions, photography hikes, or historical tours.
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: Story and character development are playing an increasingly important role in determining what is a good video game to buy, and this philosophy is epitomized by titles like Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
- Homesteaders making their way along the uncharted frontier of western America modeled social opportunities after upper-class balls and cotillions from the East, and arranged church gatherings.