- of Australia or its people
- designating or of the biogeographic realm that includes Australia, New Zealand, and New Guinea
a person born or living in Australia
- Of or relating to Australia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- Of or relating to the Australasian biogeographic region.
- A native or inhabitant of Australia.
- A member of any of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia.
- Any of the languages of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Australia, the Australian people or Australian languages.
Australia + -an
- There are no mountains behind the Great Australian Bight.
- Another point agreed upon is that the Australian flora is one of vast antiquity.
- Cambrian rocks occur in each of these districts, and they are best developed in the South Australian high= lands, where they include a long belt of contemporary glacial deposits.
- Of those peculiar to Australian waters may be mentioned the arripis, represented by what is called among the colonists a salmon trout.
- A narrow Cambrian sea must have extended across central Australia from the Kimberley Goldfield in the north-west, through Tempe Downs and the Macdonnell chain in central Australia, to the South Australian highlands, central Victoria at Mansfield, and northern Tasmania.