- Slang a person or thing considered surprising, shocking, etc.
- Informal a sharp, witty, or caustic remark or rejoinder
- A witty, often caustic remark.
- A sudden shock, revelation, or turn of events.
- Something that zings.
- A very rapidly moving object, especially one that is thrown.
- The pitcher threw a real zinger and struck him out.
- A surprising or unusually pointed or telling remark.
- My little niece let fly with the zinger that my sister was pregnant again.
- An event that when experienced leaves the witness dazed, either physically or metaphorically.
- I was still reeling from the zinger of seeing my ex on a date with my best friend.
- An outstanding, energetic and surprising thing or person.