- an East Indian tree (Cananga odorata) of the custard-apple family, with fragrant, greenish-yellow flowers
- the oil obtained from these flowers, used in perfumes
Origin of ylang-ylangTagalog ilang-ilang
- A tropical Asian tree (Cananga odorata) having fragrant greenish-yellow flowers that yield an oil used in perfumery.
- An oil or a perfume obtained from the flowers of this tree.
Origin of ylang-ylangTagalog ilang-ilang.
(countable and uncountable, plural ylang-ylangs)
- Alternative spelling of ylang ylang.
(countable and uncountable, plural ylang ylangs)
Tagalog, from either ilang (“wilderness”) or ilang-ilan (“rare”).