- any of the nymphs who live in the woods; dryad
- any of certain South American hummingbirds
- any of several small U.S. noctuid moths (genus Euthisanotia) with white-and-brown forewings and yellow hind wings
- satyr (sense )
See wood nymph in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A nymph of the forest; a dryad.
- Any of several tropical hummingbirds of the genera Thalurania and Cyanophaia.
- Any of various butterflies of the family Satyridae, especially Cercyonis pegala, having brownish wings with dark eyespots.
Learn more about wood nymph