wood nymph definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- any of the nymphs who live in the woods; dryad
- any of certain South American hummingbirds
- any of several small U.S. noctuid moths (genus Euthisanotia) with white-and-brown forewings and yellow hind wings
- satyr (sense )
wood nymph definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A nymph of the forest; a dryad.
- Any of several tropical hummingbirds of the genera Thalurania and Cyanophaia.
- Any of various butterflies of the family Satyridae, especially Cercyonis pegala, having brownish wings with dark eyespots.