- in a formation of aircraft, the pilot who flies behind and to the side of the leader
- the aircraft flown in this position
- Informal a person serving to support another, as in a social situation: to play wingman for a friend in a singles bar
- A pilot whose plane is positioned behind and outside the leader in a formation of flying aircraft.
- Slang A person who helps, guides, or supports another, especially one who assists a friend in trying to seduce another person.
- Sports A player, such as a winger, who plays near the side of a field or court.
- A pilot partner of another, a pilot who flies in the same wing or squadron.
- (by extension) a friend who accompanies one to offer (receive) support