- simple past tense and past participle of wig
Variant of wig
- a false covering of real or synthetic hair for the head, worn as part of a costume, to conceal baldness, etc.
- ☆ Slang variously, the hair, head, or mind
Origin of wigshortened ; from periwig
transitive verbwigged, wigging
- to furnish with a wig or wigs
- ☆ Slang
- to annoy, upset, anger, etc.
- to make excited, ecstatic, frenzied, crazy, etc.: often with out
- Brit., Informal to scold, censure, rebuke, etc.: archaic except as a verbal noun [gave him a wigging]
Slang to be or become wigged, or upset, excited, crazy, etc.: often with out