- Whither is defined to means the place or state to which you are referring.
If you don't know what place you are going to, this is an example of when you don't know whither you should go.
whither definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Middle English whider ; from Old English hwider: see what and amp; hither
- to which place, point, condition, result, etc.: used relatively: the island whither we drifted
- to whatever place, point, condition, result, etc.; wherever: let them go whither they will
whither definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- To which specified place or position: landed on the shores whither the storm had tossed them.
- To whatever place, result, or condition: “Whither thou goest, I will go” (Ruth 1:16).
Origin: Middle English, from Old English hwider; see kwo- in Indo-European roots.