white oakwhite oak
- any of a number of oaks having leaves with rounded lobes, acorns that mature in one season, whitish or grayish bark, and hard, impervious wood; esp., the American white oak (Quercus alba) of E North America
- the wood of any such tree, used in barrels, furniture, etc.
Any of several oak trees with leaves that do not have sharp tips, especially Quercus alba of eastern North America, having hard, light-colored wood.
(countable and uncountable, plural white oaks)
- (usually countable} An oak tree with rounded leaf lobes and relatively pale wood, native to eastern North America, Quercus alba.
- (usually countable) A similar oak tree in a subgenus, Quercus subg. Quercus, especially section Quercus.
- (usually countable) Lagunaria patersonia, the Queensland white oak.
- (usually uncountable) The wood of such trees.