white oakwhite oak
- any of a number of oaks having leaves with rounded lobes, acorns that mature in one season, whitish or grayish bark, and hard, impervious wood; esp., the American white oak (Quercus alba) of E North America
- the wood of any such tree, used in barrels, furniture, etc.
(countable and uncountable, plural white oaks)
- (usually countable} An oak tree with rounded leaf lobes and relatively pale wood, native to eastern North America, Quercus alba.
- (usually countable) A similar oak tree in a subgenus, Quercus subg. Quercus, especially section Quercus.
- (usually countable) Lagunaria patersonia, the Queensland white oak.
- (usually uncountable) The wood of such trees.