These bed sheets are white goods.
- An example of white goods are linens.
- An example of white goods is a refrigerator.
- household linens, as sheets, pillowcases, towels, etc.
- large household appliances, as refrigerators, stoves, etc.
Origin of white goodsfrom their formerly typical color
- White fabrics, usually of cotton or linen.
- Household merchandise, as bed sheets and curtains, formerly made from white fabrics, but now often colored.
- Large household appliances, as ovens and refrigerators, formerly finished with white enamel, but now often colored.
white goods - Computer Definition
Household appliances such as refrigerators and ovens. The term, which came from the white porcelain color of early appliances, is increasingly heard as a market for electronics as appliances become network enabled. The term also refers to towels, sheets and linens, which years ago were also only white.