- loss by use, decay, deterioration, etc.
- anything wasted, or the amount of this; waste
- the processes by which snow and ice masses are reduced by melting, evaporation, etc.
- the amount of material lost through these processes
- Loss by deterioration, wear, or destruction: “Disease and desertion still caused much greater wastage than battle” (Theodore Ropp).
- The gradual process of wasting.
- An amount that is wasted or lost by wear.
(countable and uncountable, plural wastages)
- (uncountable) The amount or proportion of something that is wasted or lost by deterioration
- The average wastage is 1.5% in the grocery department.
- (countable) Anything lost by wear or waste
- Goods that are damaged, out of date, reduced, or generally unsaleable, which are destined to be thrown away and which are written off as a loss
- In hunting, the act of abandoning animal carcasses or parts; usually illegal