- loss by use, decay, deterioration, etc.
- anything wasted, or the amount of this; waste
- the processes by which snow and ice masses are reduced by melting, evaporation, etc.
- the amount of material lost through these processes
See wastage in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Loss by deterioration, wear, or destruction: “Disease and desertion still caused much greater wastage than battle” (Theodore Ropp).
- The gradual process of wasting.
- An amount that is wasted or lost by wear.
Learn more about wastage