voluntarism[väl′ən tər iz′em]
voluntarism definition by Webster's New World
- voluntary or willing participation in a course of action
- a doctrine or system based on such participation
- Philos. any theory which holds that reality is ultimately of the nature of will or that the will is the primary factor in experience
voluntarism definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The use of or reliance on voluntary action to maintain an institution, carry out a policy, or achieve an end.
- A theory or doctrine that regards the will as the fundamental principle of the individual or of the universe.
- volˈun·ta·rist noun
- volˌun·ta·risˈtic adjective