- in Spain and Spanish America, an old unit of linear measure, varying from about 31 to 33 inches
- an old Texas unit of linear measure equal to 33.33 inches (84.67 centimeters)
- a unit of area, the square vara
Origin of varaSpanish and Port, literally , rod, stick from L, forked pole from varus, bent: see vacillate
- A Spanish, Portuguese, and Latin-American unit of linear measure varying from about 81 to 109 centimeters (32 to 43 inches).
- A square vara.
Origin of varaSpanishPortuguese rod both from Latin vāra forked pole from vārus bent
- (law) Visual Artists Rights Act.
- volume at risk approach.