ultima Thuleultima Thu·le
- any far-off, unknown region
- the farthest limit, uttermost degree, etc.
Origin of ultima Thulesee ultima Thule
Thule (northernmost region)
Origin of ultima ThuleL, farthest Thule
- The northernmost region of the habitable world as thought of by ancient geographers.
- A distant territory or destination.
- A remote goal or ideal: “the ultima Thule of technology, the ne plus ultra … the answer to every earthly problem” ( John Gould )
Origin of ultima ThuleLatin ultima Thūlē ultima feminine of ultimus farthest Thūlē , Thule