- the quality or condition of being triple
- a group of three
- Astrol. any of the four sets of three signs, each 120 degrees distant from the other two, into which the zodiac is divided; trigon
Origin of triplicityMiddle English triplicite ; from Medieval Latin triplicitas ; from Classical Latin triplex: see triplex
- The quality or condition of being triple.
- A group or set of three.
- In astrology, one of four groups of the zodiac, each consisting of three signs separated from each other by 120°. Also called trigon.
Origin of triplicityMiddle English, three signs of the zodiac, from Late Latin triplicitas, triplicity, from Latin triplex, triplic-, triplex; see triplex.
(countable and uncountable, plural triplicities)
- The quality or state of being triple or threefold; trebleness.
- In their trinal triplicities on high. "” Spenser.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.