triangulate[trī aŋ′gyə lāt′; for adj., -lit, -lāt′]
- to divide into triangles
- to survey or map (a region) by triangulation
- to make triangular
Origin: < ML triangulatus, pp. of *triangulare < L triangulum: see triangle
- of triangles; triangular
- marked with triangles
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb tri·an·gu·lat·ed, tri·an·gu·lat·ing, tri·an·gu·lates
- To divide into triangles.
- To survey by triangulation.
- To make triangular.
- To measure by using trigonometry.
- Of or relating to triangles; triangular.
- Made up of or marked with triangles.
triangulate - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.