Tri-state is defined as something related to an area of three bordering states.
An example of tri-state is a storm affecting Wyoming, Utah and Colorado.
of or having to do with an area consisting of all or parts of three contiguous states
- Having, or pertaining to, three distinct states.
- This tristate logic deals with true, false, and unknown values.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a region in the United States where three state borders come to a single point.
- The event will be sponsored by several tristate businesses.
(uncountable), often capitalized (Tristate)
- The area in some regions of the United States where three state borders come to a single point.
- The Tristate is on alert after a rash of home burglaries.
tri- + state
- They only have a few stores in the US, mostly in the New York tri-state area and the San Francisco Bay Area, though online shopping is available.
- Lost Soul gained an impressive following in the TRI-STATE / New England area performing a large number of shows between 1994 and 1998.
- On the other hand, Garden State Limo services the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Tri-State Stone and Tile, Inc. is located in Rockaway, NJ and has been in business since 1998.