Origin of transvestitefrom trans- + Classical Latin vestire, to clothe (see vest) + -ite
A man who dresses up like a woman is an example of a transvestite.
- Psychiatry A person with transvestism.
- A cross-dresser. In this sense, the term is sometimes considered offensive.
Origin of transvestiteGerman Transvestit Latin trāns- trans- Latin vestīre to dress ; see travesty.
Transvestite should not be confused with transgender or transsexual (“person who lives as a member of a sex different from their birth sex"). Transvestites generally have less or no desire to change their sex; they simply enjoy being able to cross-dress from time to time.
The term should also not be confused with drag queen (“male who wears women's clothing for public performance"); that term is specifically for performers.
Latin trans- + vestite, form of vestiÅ (“I clothe, I dress") (as in English vestment, vest). Literally, a "cross-dresser".
- To be an excellent transvestite, you have to be meticulous about details, so it's not enough to shave and condition your legs; you also need to encase them in sleek and sexy shemale stockings.
- Men looking for a fresh look or for a new body are in the right place when they explore transvestite lingerie vendors, and they can browse safely and comfortably from their own home.
- It's possible to find cheap breast forms for your needs, whether you're a transvestite, a mastectomy patient, or you just want to enhance your natural bust line.
- Transvestite lingerie is a world that runs parallel to the traditional lingerie world, and that makes it exciting, intriguing, and challenging all the same.
- A panty and shapewear in one, this transvestite lingerie is a good choice for the dressier individual who prefers tighter women's clothes.