- In terms of, or by means of, torsion.
- torsionally flexible structural elements
torsional + -ly
Variant of torsion
- the process or condition of twisting or being twisted
- the stress or strain produced in a body, as a rod, wire, or thread, by turning one end along a longitudinal axis while the other end is held firm or twisted in the opposite direction
- the torque exerted by a body in reaction to being placed under torsion
Origin of torsionMiddle English torcion ; from Middle French torsion ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin torsio ; from past participle of Classical Latin torquere, to twist: see tort