three ring circusthree-ring circus
- Three ring circus is a show with three performances going on all at once.
An example of a three ring circus is a performance put on by Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey.
- Three ring circus is a situation of extreme chaos or confusion, or a situation that is out of control.
An example of a three ring circus is when 20 dinner guests all show up unexpectedly on the wrong night at the same time your roof begins to leak and your dog steals your dinner.
- a circus having three rings for simultaneous performances
- any situation or event hilariously or confusingly packed with action
- A circus having simultaneous performances in three separate rings.
- Informal A situation characterized by confusing, engrossing, or amusing activity.
(plural three ring circuses)
- Alternative form of three-ring circus.