The definition of tabular is presented in rows and columns.
An example of something tabular is data presented in an Excel spreadsheet; a tabular presentation of data.
- having a tablelike surface; flat: tabular rock
- of or arranged in a table or tabulated scheme
- computed from or calculated by such a table or tables
Origin of tabularClassical Latin tabularis ; from tabula, a board, tablet: see table
- Having a plane surface; flat.
- Geology Tending to split into thin flat pieces.
- Organized as a table or list.
- Calculated by means of a table.
Origin of tabularLatin tabularis, of boards, from tabula, board.
(comparative more tabular, superlative most tabular)