- suspending, supporting, or sustaining: a suspensory muscle or bandage
- suspending or delaying, esp. so as to leave something undecided
Origin of suspensoryfrom Classical Latin suspensus (see suspense) + -ory
- a suspensory muscle or bandage
- a mesh fabric pouch for supporting the scrotum, on a band around the hips
- Supporting or suspending: a suspensory bandage.
- Delaying completion.
- A support or truss.
- An athletic supporter.
(comparative more suspensory, superlative most suspensory)
- Held in suspension.
- Holding in suspension.
- Something that suspends.
- Specifically the suspensory ligament
suspense +"Ž -ory