- The definition of a striper is a slang term for a naval enlisted person or officer who has stripes on his uniform indicating his years of service.
A US Navy officer that has five stripes on his sleeve is an example of a striper who has served twenty years in the Navy.
- Mil. Slang any enlisted person, or a naval officer, who wears a stripe () or stripes: usually in hyphenated compounds meaning “one wearing (a specified number of) stripes”: a four-striper
- striped bass
- Slang A member of the armed forces, a cadet corps, or a commercial flight crew who wears stripes designating rank or length of service. Often used in combination: a three-striper; a four-striper.
- See striped bass.
- A device that applies stripes
- We rented a line striper for the parking lot.
- (fishing) The striped bass, Morone saxatilis, a popular sport fish native to North America
- I caught a striper today.
- (military) A person who is authorized to wear a certain number of stripes on his or her uniform