- a controlled medical test in which a cardiac patient exercises vigorously, often on a treadmill, while connected to an electrocardiograph
- any test designed to challenge the integrity of a complex system, a piece of equipment, etc.
stress teststress test
- A graded test to measure an individual's heart rate and oxygen intake while undergoing strenuous physical exercise, as on a treadmill.
- A test performed on a system or organization to determine its susceptibility to failure under various conditions.
(plural stress tests)
- (medicine) A test of cardiac function after a standardized amount of exertion.
- Any test of function in response to stress.
- (banking, finance) A test of an organization's ability to meet its financial obligations in adverse financial circumstances.