Variant of stab
- a wound made by piercing with a knife, dagger, or other pointed weapon
- a thrust, as with a knife or dagger
- a sudden sensation of anguish or pain
Origin: Middle English stabbe, probably from stobbe, variant, variety of stubbe, stub
- to pierce or wound with or as with a knife, etc.
- to thrust or plunge (a knife, etc.) into something
- to go into in a sharp, thrusting way
- to make a thrust or piercing wound with or as with a knife
- to feel like a knife stabbing: said of pain
- stabber noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.