- The definition of soluble is something that can be dissolved, or a problem that can be solved.
- Sugar that dissolves into water so it becomes a part of it is an example of something that is soluble.
- A simple math problem like 2+2 that you can easily find the answer to is an example of something that is soluble.
- that can be dissolved; able to pass into solution
- capable of being solved
Origin of solubleMiddle English ; from Middle French ; from Classical Latin solubilis ; from solvere: see solve
- Capable of being dissolved, especially easily dissolved: soluble fats.
- Possible to solve or explain: soluble mysteries.
Origin of solubleMiddle English, from Old French, from Late Latin solūbilis, from Latin solvere, to loosen; see leu- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more soluble, superlative most soluble)
- Able to be dissolved.
- Sugar is soluble in water.
- Able to be solved or explained.
- A mystery that is easily soluble.
From Middle French soluble.