- a fight or boxing match characterized by much heavy punching
- a baseball game in which many hits are made
Origin of slugfestslug + -fest
- A fight marked by an extended exchange of heavy blows.
- Baseball A game in which there are many hits and runs scored.
- (baseball, slang) A baseball game in which many runs are scored, especially by home runs
- The game turned into a 15-9 slugfest.
- (boxing, slang) A boxing match or fight marked by a heavy exchange of blows
- The championship bout was a slugfest; both fighters were bloodied.
- (sports) A game or match in which heavy hits are exchanged
slug +"Ž -fest