skid roadskid road
- in lumbering, a trail along which newly cut logs are skidded
- Historical a section of town frequented by loggers
- skid row
- A track made of logs laid transversely about five feet apart that is used to haul logs to a loading platform or a mill.
- Slang Skid row.
(plural skid roads)
- (US, forestry) A rough cleared right of way with logs embedded cross-wise on which logs being harvested would slide or be dragged or skidded.
- (US, forestry) A street with facilities suitable for the recreational needs of lumberjacks.