Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- of, lasting, or performed in half a day
- occurring twice a day, as the tides
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of, relating to, occurring, or performed during half a day.
- Occurring or coming approximately once every 12 hours, as the tides.
- Of or relating to the arc described by a celestial body between its meridian passage and its points of rising or setting.