- Reincarnation is defined as being reborn or the rebirth of the soul.
- When an old factory was converted into modern loft apartments, this is an example of reincarnation.
- When you die and then your soul comes back in a new body, this is an example of reincarnation.
reincarnation definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- rebirth of the soul in another body, as in Hindu religious belief
- a new incarnation or embodiment
- the doctrine that the soul reappears after death in another and different bodily form
Origin: see reincarnate
reincarnation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Rebirth of the soul in another body.
- A reappearance or revitalization in another form; a new embodiment: “The brownstone had already endured one reincarnation: In the 1940's, it was converted into eight studio apartments” (Ben Lloyd).