reincarnation[rē′in kär nā′s̸hən]
- When an old factory was converted into modern loft apartments, this is an example of reincarnation.
- When you die and then your soul comes back in a new body, this is an example of reincarnation.
Reincarnation is defined as being reborn or the rebirth of the soul.
- rebirth of the soul in another body, as in Hindu religious belief
- a new incarnation or embodiment
- the doctrine that the soul reappears after death in another and different bodily form
Origin of reincarnationsee reincarnate
- Rebirth of the soul in another human or nonhuman body.
- A reappearance or revitalization in another form; a new embodiment: “The brownstone had already endured one reincarnation: In the 1940's, it was converted into eight studio apartments” (Ben Lloyd).
- A rebirth of a mental capacity, such as a soul, in a physical life form, such as a body
- The idea of such a rebirth, a specific belief or doctrine on how such a rebirth occurs
- A fresh embodiment
- A new, considerably improved, version
From reincarnate +"Ž -ion