(usually uncountable, plural regos)
- (uncountable, colloquial, Australia, New Zealand) Registration for a motor vehicle.
- The police pulled me over for driving with an expired rego.
- (uncountable, colloquial, Australia, New Zealand) The fee required for such registration.
- David couldn′t drive his car as he hadn′t paid his rego.
- (countable, colloquial, Australia, New Zealand) The registration number of a motor vehicle, used by police to access registration details such as the identity of the owner.
OriginSee also: reĝo
From registration + -o (“diminutive suffix”).