reais definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
real (sense )
reais definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Plural of real3.
Variant of real
- existing or happening as or in fact; actual, true, etc.; not merely seeming, pretended, imagined, fictitious, nominal, or ostensible
- authentic; genuine
- not pretended; sincere
- designating wages or income as measured by purchasing power
- Law of or relating to permanent, immovable things: real property
- Math. designating or of the part of a complex number that is not imaginary: all irrational and rational numbers are real numbers
- Optics of or relating to an image made by the actual meeting of light rays at a point
- Philos. existing objectively; actual (not merely possible or ideal), or essential, absolute, ultimate (not relative, derivative, etc.)
Origin: Old French ; from Midieval Latin realis ; from Classical Latin res, thing ; from Indo-European base an unverified form rei-, property, thing from source Sanskrit rai, wealth, property
anything that actually exists, or reality in general: with the