Origin of Rainierafter an 18th-c. British Adm. Rainier
mountain of the Cascade Range, in WC Wash.: 14,410 ft (4,392 m)
- You'll get to see Hell's Canyon, the deepest in North America; visit the Walla Walla wine region and, if you're traveling in the summertime, check out Mount Rainier and Mount Saint Helens.
- Washington Hills - Washington Hills offers 3-liter casks of 2003 Merlot and Chardonnay as well as non-vintage Rainier Red and Rainier White for about $20 per box.
- The inspiration for Ivanka's dress was Grace Kelly's wedding gown, which she wore when she married Prince Rainier III in 1956.
- From the elevation which it attains in its northern division the county is colder and is rainier than other midland counties.
- These are Mount Rainier or Tacoma (14,363 ft.), Mount Adams (12,470 ft.), Mount Baker (10,827 ft.), Glacier Peak (10,436 ft.) and Mount St Helens (io,000 ft.).