pressure pointpressure point
- any of a number of points on the body where an artery passes close to the surface and in front of a bony structure so that pressure applied there will check bleeding from a distal injured part
- any of various points on the body where pressure is especially effective, as in acupuncture
- Any of several points on the body at which an underlying artery can be pressed against a bone to stop distal bleeding.
- An area on the skin that is highly sensitive to the application of pressure.
(plural pressure points)
- (martial arts) A specific small area of the body targeted, due to a cluster of nerves being close to the skin, usually not protected by bone.
- For this strike, if your thumb is tucked correctly, you should hit the pressure point where their arm meets their shoulder.