- a drink made with a raw egg and seasoning, as Worcestershire sauce, taken as a remedy for a hangover
- [pl.] the testicles of a bull calf cooked as food
prairie oysterprairie oyster
- Slang A drink made from a whole raw egg yolk, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper that is taken as a palliative for a hangover or as a cure for hiccups.
- Chiefly Western US The testis of a calf, cooked and served as food.
(plural prairie oysters)
- A drink consisting of a raw egg with yolk intact, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and ground black pepper.