- of or relating to land or stationary property; landed
- associated with farming; agrarian
- owing service as a tenant of land
Origin: ML praedialis from Classical Latin praedium, farm, estate from praes, surety: see press
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Relating to, containing, or possessing land; landed.
- Attached to, bound to, or arising from the land: praedial serfs.
Origin: Middle English, from Medieval Latin praediālis, of an estate, from Latin praedium, estate, from praes, praed-, praevid-, surety, bondsman : prae-, pre- + vas, vad-, guarantor.