(third-person singular simple present powers up, present participle powering up, simple past and past participle powered up)
- To turn the electrical power on to a device as a precondition to make it operational.
- Every morning he powered up his electronic devices, even before making coffee.
- (intransitive) To become ready for operation as a result of the provision of electrical power.
- The office systems power up automatically at 7:30am on workdays.
- (video games) A special item which, when obtained, provides the player with some asset that is necessary for or makes easier the process of beating the game.
power up - Computer Definition
To turn the computer on in an orderly manner.