- A pop-up is defined as a three-dimensional design in a book that lifts up on the page when the book is opened to the specially-designed page, or a temporary retail store.
- An example of a pop-up is a page in a children's book that presents a three-dimensional forest when the book is opened; a pop-up book.
- An example of a pop-up store is a gift shop set up during the holidays.
- The definition of a pop-up is a window that comes up on top of another window on a computer screen.
An example of a pop-up is an unwanted window that comes up on a computer screen trying to sell a weight loss pill.
- Baseball pop ()
- Comput. a window, containing a message or menu, that appears superimposed over the window in use, often, specif., one containing an advertisement from the Web
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Emerging quickly from a recessed or concealed position when activated: pop-up gun emplacements.
- Rising to form a three-dimensional structure when a page is opened: pop-up illustrations in a children's book.
- A device or illustration that pops up.
- Baseball See pop fly.
pop-up - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.