- Biol. a polymorphous organism or one of its forms
- a substance that can crystallize in different forms
- one of these forms
Origin of polymorph; from Classical Greek polymorphos: see poly- and amp; -morph
- Biology One of the forms of a polymorphic organism.
- Chemistry A specific crystalline form of a compound that can crystallize in different forms.
- Immunology A polymorphonuclear leukocyte; a neutrophil.
(third-person singular simple present polymorphs, present participle polymorphing, simple past and past participle polymorphed)
- (intransitive) To transform; to change into another form.
poly- +"Ž -morph