- the state or practice of having two or more husbands at the same time
Origin of polyandryModL polyandriaBot. the presence of numerous stamens in one flower
- Zool. the mating of one female animal with more than one male
Origin of polyandryClassical Greek polyandria from poly-, many + an?r, man: see andro-
- The condition or practice of having more than one husband at one time.
- Zoology A mating pattern in which a female mates with more than one male in a single breeding season.
- Botany The condition of having numerous stamens.
- (marital): The having of a plurality of husbands at the same time; usually, the marriage of a woman to more than one man, or the practice of having several husbands, at the same time.
- (zoological): The mating pattern whereby a female copulates with plural males.
- (general): Sexual relations with plural males, by a female or a male, human or non-human, within or without marriage.
poly- +"Ž -andry.