Origin of polyamidepoly- + amide
These assorted nylon ropes are examples of a polyamide.
The definition of a polyamide is a natural or synthetic compound having two or more amide groups.
An example of a polyamide is nylon.
any of various natural or synthetic compounds having two or more amide groups; esp., a polymeric amide, as nylon
A polymer produced by the reaction of the amino group (NH2) from one molecule with the carboxylic acid group (CO2H) from another molecule. The resulting structure is similar to that of a protein. Silk is a naturally occurring polyamide, and nylon is a synthetic polyamide.
- They are also offered in a variety of plastics, including acrylic, epoxy, cellulose acetate, cellulose propionate, polyamide, and nylon, and in different colors, shapes, and levels of resistance to breakage.
- Made of polyamide and elastane, it also has lovely lace in the front bodice that would look perfectly presentable and feminine peeking out from a blazer or jacket.
- Pin Stripe Ruffle Garter Panties: Get this polyamide and elastane panty with black and white pinstripes and a ruffled black and pink back for under $10.
- The polyamide and elastane panty comes in sizes small through large and sells in nude for $74 at Bare Necessities.
- Scratch-Resistant Fabric: Preventing abrasions, the stretchy polyamide fabric is comfortable and dries quickly.