- Plex is defined as made up of a number of parts.
An example of plex used as a suffix is in the word duplex, which means a house with two separate living quarters.
Origin of -plexFrom Latin -plex, -fold (as in duplex, twofold); see plek- in Indo-European roots.
- (Canada) A low-rise apartment building.
- comprising a number of parts, as in duplex
From Latin past tense of plicare to fold
-plex - Computer Definition
(1) (Plex Systems, Inc., Troy, MI, www.plex.com) A software company founded in 1995 that offers a cloud-based system geared to manufacturing. The Plex software includes enterprise resource planning (ERP), operations management, quality control management, customer relationship management (CRM) and supply chain management.
(2) A media server and player from Plex, Inc. (www.plexapp.com). Plex is used to organize music, photos and videos and runs as a Web server in the user's computer. For viewing the media, the Plex player can be installed in personal computers, set-top boxes such as the Roku streaming hubs and most mobile devices. See loopback address and Roku.