- Plex is defined as made up of a number of parts.
An example of plex used as a suffix is in the word duplex, which means a house with two separate living quarters.
Origin of -plexFrom Latin -plex, -fold (as in duplex, twofold); see plek- in Indo-European roots.
- (Canada) A low-rise apartment building.
- comprising a number of parts, as in duplex
From Latin past tense of plicare to fold
-plex - Computer Definition
(1) (Plex Systems, Inc., Troy, MI, www.plex.com) A software company founded in 1995 that offers a cloud-based system geared to manufacturing. The Plex software includes enterprise resource planning (ERP), operations management, quality management, customer relationship management (CRM) and supply chain management.
(2) A media server and player for desktop computers and mobile devices from Plex, Inc., (www.plexapp.com). The Plex server, which is used to organize all music, photos and videos in the user's computer, runs as a Web/application server, and the Plex client (media player) can be installed in Windows, Mac and Linux computers, network-attached storage (NAS) devices and most mobile devices. See loopback address.