- Baseball a ball pitched deliberately away from the plate in anticipation of a play by the catcher to throw out a runner who has moved away from a base
- Football a lateral pass behind the line of scrimmage, usually from the quarterback to another back
- Baseball A pitch deliberately thrown high and away from the batter to make it easier for the catcher to throw out a base runner who is standing off a base or attempting to steal.
- Football A lateral pass from the back receiving the snap from the center to another back behind the line of scrimmage.
- (baseball) A pitch that is intentionally thrown high and outside of the strike zone in order to prevent a stolen base